Your wedding day is one of the most special days of your life; one that you spend months or even years planning for, but is gone in a flash. It’s important to do whatever you can to enjoy and remember the happy day, a guestbook, your photos, and videos. Why not spoil your new husband or wife with a beautiful star map to display in your home with your photos?
Of course, a star map makes a perfect wedding gift for guests, too. If you’re going to be a guest at a loved one’s wedding soon, it can be difficult to find a gift that encompasses your love for the happy couple. Traditionally, you’d gift the couple something so they could start their lives together, but nowadays most couples have already established a life together before they tie the knot. Instead, give them a star map to remember the special day they shared with you.
A TwinkleInTime Star Map
A TwinkleInTime star map is the perfect wedding gift. Why? It displays how the stars and constellations were positioned on the day of the wedding, and you can personalize it completely to suit your future husband or wife, or the couple you know and love.
What to Write?
The only difficult part of designing a TwinkleInTime star map – be it for your own wedding or someone else’s – is deciding what to write. Once you know what message you want to write on your map the whole process can take less than twenty minutes, start to finish. (There aren’t many heartfelt gifts that are so easy!)
To help, here are some ideas for your star map (feel free to steal them word-for-word!) for husbands and brides-to-be, and guests gifting a star map to the happy couple.
For your betrothed:
- I will love you until the stars in the night sky go out
- You are perfect as you are
- I’ll love you long after the stars blink out and the world stops spinning
- I looked up at the stars and knew you were the one
- What we have only exists in the heavens
- This day, under these stars, our souls were bound
For guests attending:
- And so the stars aligned and everything at once became peaceful
- Congratulations! May the stars continue to shine even on the darkest of nights
- On that night two souls said “I do”
- Your love is written in the stars
- For a love as rare as shooting stars
- Under this sky, two became one
- “Yours is the light by which my spirit’s born: you are my sun, my moon, and all my stars” – E. E. Cummings
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever” – Tennyson
- “For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It’s a person. And we are finally home” – Stephanie Perkins
Special Ways to Gift a Star Map
If you’re a guest and in the wedding party, there are numerous special ways you can present the couple with your star map, but first consider the couple and your relationship with them. Are they having a big wedding with lots of speeches and a raucous reception, or are they a couple who like intimate settings?
This is important because a quiet couple may not enjoy being presented with your gift during speeches, but will be able to offer their heartfelt thanks if you gave it to them while getting ready or after dinner. Loud and charismatic couples will likely love being presented with the map during the speeches. The key to a special moment while gifting your star map is in the timing.
If you can’t, or don’t want to pull the bride and groom away from the festivities, gift them the map normally and decorate it with loose shiny stars, glittery or shiny wrapping paper, and silver ribbon.